13 Jan 2012

Cookies for Santa / Keksići za Deda Mraza


































Every New Year Eve we make cookies and tea for Santa. We leave them by the tree so he can have a snack and warm up a little bit when he brings the presents to our home. 
These are our "Octopus" cookies that never become octopuses with some powdered sugar icing (1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk or water, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla).
This time, we used some cookie cutters and I also cut out some shapes with the knife. 
V helped me make the dough and cut the shapes with the cookie cutters, but he didn't want to draw on them with the icing, so I did it myself. I usually avoid drawing myself in front of V, since that can discourage his drawing, but this time of year, with all the lights and glitter, I just couldn't resist!
They came out nice, and I am sure Santa liked them a lot! But!
There is a "But!" here, that I shall write about in my next post!
Happy New Year!


Svakog 31. decembra popodne pravimo kolače i čaj za Deda Mraza. Ostavljamo ih pored jelke  tako da Deda Mraz može malo da se zasladi i ugreje kad donese poklone u naš dom.   To su naši  kolači-Hobotnice koji nikada ne postanu hobotnice sa belom šećernom glazurom (1 čaša šećera u prahu, 1 kašika mleka ili vode, 1 / 2 kašičice vanile). Ovaj put smo koristili modle za kolače, a neke oblike sam isekla nožem. V mi je pomogao da napravim testo i da izrežem kolače modlama, ali nije želeo da ih iscrtava belom glazurom, tako da sam to sama uradila. Obično izbegavam da crtam pred V-om, jer to može da obeshrabri njegovo crtanje, ali u ovo doba godine, sa svim svetlima i sjajem, nisam mogla da odolim! Kolači su ispali lepo, i sigurna sam da su se svideli Deda Mrazu. Ali! 
Ovde postoji jedno "Ali!", ali o njemu ću pisati u sledećem postu! 
Srećna Nova godina!

No comments: